Friday 16 February 2007

Tyrant or visionary - a matter of perspective

I have an addiction to certain sites on the internet.

No, I know what you’re thinking, but I’m not 16 anymore, so now it’s news sites, politics blogs, and photography websites.

One of them I read regularly is the Asia Times. It gives a slightly different perspective on world events. It is good to see things which aren’t filtered through the Western media now and again.

Also, as someone recently pointed out to me, after the flush of excitement over the new Labor team evaporates, the election process here is likely to become interminably boring.

I came across this article.

I really urge you to have a read. It really confirms what most of us already believe – the leader of North Korea is a more than slightly deluded lunatic and his apologists even more so.

Crazy stuff. Talking about “use its nuclear umbrella to contribute to maintaining peace and security” and invoking the name of gods. Weird rhetoric about history and duty to the people and the Axis of Evil…oh, wait…was that someone else?...

I’m all confused.

Try something for me. Replace “DPRK” with “USA”. See how it reads.

Let me know how it goes.



Oh, by the way, I’ll post some photos when I get my bloody home computer back on the net.

Cheers.

CODA: Okay, you all need to look at this too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks nabla, ye of blogger access at work.

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. God.

That is an amazing article. I always suspected patriotic sycophancy wasn't restricted to Murdoch media. But it's another thing to see it about a different crazed leader.

*starts digging bunker and packing supplies for nuclear winter*