Sunday 4 February 2007

Angry gnomes and obscene gestures

A quick trawl through some international news netted me this from the UK and this from the US


Obviously, both report the same thing. It is interesting to note that the UK report paints all Americans in a pretty bad light, pointing out the inappropriate reaction of the authorities.


Read the CNN report, it was all a bit of a joke. They take pains to point out that it only happened in Boston – no one else in the States appears to be as humourless - they even put them in Texas!


The devices were planted by Turner Entertainment, though. (Who owns CNN?)


So I was forced to have a look at the Fox news website to get a balanced opinion *chokecoughsplutter*. They, of course, have a balanced approach, labelling the “suspects” as “wild” and “mocking”.


Which, in fact, is reasonable given their status as artists.

Then I got distracted by this IMPORTANT INFORMATION. You need to scroll down to the two interactives.

I have just contacted Fox to see if I can get a copy of these downloaded to my mobile phone – because I need them always.

Finally, a happy development. These signs are now for sale on eBay! US$625 at last count.

PS. this just in

from the toast woman.

Thanks. I cried.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it has become a sort of "boy are you stuffy schitt bluebloods a bunch of idiots" as other states brag about not being alarmed. have you seen the photos of these guys? from day dot, they seem to be loving it. they know who will win.

i had a friend at RISD (rhode island school of design, but no one calls it that. it's rizzdee) and she was at a party in boston. she put a drink down and a guy said, "pahdon me, i don't meeeean to be a son-of-a-bitch, but could you remove your beverage from the vicinity of the computer." yup. a harvard wanker. chin jut and everything.

my word verification is uwsxzpl. it means i have uniwersal sexzappeal! really!

Sherd said...

You had a friend at RISD?

ISN'T THAT WHERE SETH WAS GOING?

THE OC IS REAL! IT'S REAL!

Nabla said...

I knew it! That crappy movie with bad maths is also real!

I knew people in Boston were different.