Tuesday 5 June 2007

Television, the drug of the nation..

....

I have a new challenge, based on what has become one of the most annoying TV franchises this side of Big Brother.

Do it at work.

You have to pretend you are on an episode of CSI and explain in great detail exactly what you are doing, step by step, to people who should really already know.

We tried it today.

"A, I'm now pressing the print button on Word, ensuring that the correct print queue is selected, subsequent to which I will walk to the printer, an LXZ5000, and remove my document from the output tray. This will enable me to have an actual physical copy of my Word document I can then peruse whilst seated at my work area."

"Great, R, while you're doing that, I'm going to use insert function contained as part of the Excel program for Windows XP to add an extra column into my financial spreadsheet to provide an extra set of available data..."

And so on.

And, in an amazing coincidence, the world of CSI and blogging have collided.

Eso es todo.

Salud.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

scary larry, i was just thinking that. i love that they explain things. makes it a comedy. i wish more shows would do that. perhaps even p orn. wouldn't that be great?

or do the opposite for the kids shows. explain nothing. drop a letter, but don't put it in words. P. P is not in FIRETRUCK or LETTER.

Miff said...

my colleagues offered to slap me when i tried your game. i had enormous fun though!

Nabla said...

You have to persist! And if there is slapping, contact Internal Affairs...