Tuesday 12 June 2007

About some useless information...

...supposed to fire my imagination.

I like to think I know a little more about politics than your average born-in-the-late-70s-year-old, and maybe I do. But I've noticed that most political blogs authored by people my age tend one of two ways - and mine is no exception (probably why I revert to photos from time to time).

They are either flippant to the point of being nonsensical, or wank factor off the charts by trying to be too clever (a certain Latin titled blog springs to mind).

There really is no substitute for having been there, done that, burnt the t-shirt and walked the picket line. This post by mangoman is an instruction to all of us on the south side of 35 on how to discuss politics.

Don't beat people over your head with knowledge, don't wank on and use unnecessarily large words and obscure thinkers to illustrate your point, actually have a point, and listen.

We all have to start somewhere, I suppose.

3 comments:

Saturday Night Fiver said...

It's certainly one reason I don't write "serious" posts on the political environment (though the main reason is that politics is a sick joke at the moment). Excuse me while I bounce the Wank Factor off the redline limiter:

Took a rebel stand
With the contraband -
Coast of Mexico.
He want to pounce
Like an animal;
To girls he just can't say no.
I say:

Oh, Pauley.
I would give anything
Just to be like him.

Swashbuckling;
He was the king.
The toast of Tinsel Town.
They build him up,
They took it all,
And then they just cut him down!
I say:

Oh, Pauley.
I would give anything
Just to be like him.

Nabla said...

Not bad.

A little bit too coherent to be the original, though :)

Anonymous said...

wank on!

just wanted to write that.

but really... how many of us over 35 have been there and done that? and most of our t-shirts are threadbare and we can't remember which thing we done gone and done to do that for the t-shirt. okay?